Tuesday 17 September 2013

     Hi, my names Spencer, and I've always wanted to play the guitar. I bought a guitar a while back and took a few lessons, but after a month or so I lost motivation, stopped taking lessons, and haven't touched it since.  In English we were asked to learn or accomplish something and blog about it. There was a substantial amount of freedom as to what it has to be, so I took it as an opportunity to try and finish what I started.
     The purpose of this blog is to document, and record my progress. I will post how long I've practiced, what I've practiced, and the challenges of learning an instrument. Keep in mind that I have no teacher and no other resource other than google and an old level one book full of scales and a few cords. Im also a little musically challenged. I have no natural aptitude for music, no pitch or rhythm. My progress may be slow but I am determined to acquire at least a basic understanding of the instrument. By the end of this semester hope to be able to read notes and tabs, and learn at least one fairly difficult song.
     I will post all of my practice material, and songs I'm learning. So if you want to play guitar feel free to follow along and comment your own progress. Also for all you musicians out there i'd never turn down a tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment